Artists For Change

Project 2017: Justice, Peace & Planet



Loathe as I am to engage in any political debate or discussion, I feel compelled to comment that the "new normal" here in the USA is not really normal.

It is important that everybody knows the following information: Narcissistic Personality Disorder (from Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM5)) is a serious personality disorder. According to the DSM-5, individuals with NPD have a pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

1. Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
2. Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.
3. Believe that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with other special or high-status people (or institutions)
4. Requires excessive admiration
5. Has a sense of entitlement
6. Is interpersonally exploitative
7. Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
8. Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her.
9. Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes.”

I'm pretty sure it is not in America's best interest to have somebody suffering from NPD to be President...

I did what I could, I voted for somebody other than the man now in office, but sadly 92,671,979 people who were eligible to vote didn't vote. His vote count of 62,979,879 is only 27% of the eligible voters. That means 27% of the population are in control of the lives of the other 73%.

We are gonna be stuck with our situation for now, but I would suggest everybody who is an eligible voter here in the US get up off your lazy ass and vote in 2 years to try to help mitigate the harm that will come to this country until the next presidential election in 2020.

Otherwise I'm moving to Canada, if they will have me–I have friends there that would help hide'll be like the new millennial underground railroad :~(

Seriously folks, it is insane to consider this new normal acceptable. Alternative Facts? Naw, alternative universe–and not my reality.
This is not normal...

Jeff Schewe


When power corrupts, poetry cleanses.
For art establishes the basic human truth which must serve as the touchstone of our judgment.

- John F. Kennedy
1963 Amherst College address

mp3 audio

denver pano


Artists For Change